Pathaan Movie Background
Pathaan movie is a Bollywood action thriller launched in the year 2023. The film has been directed by Aditya Chopra of Yash Raj Films starring Shah Rukh Khan The king khan of bollywood, Deepika Padukone, and John Abraham, alongside Dimple Kapadia and Ashutosh Rana. The story is written by Shridhar Raghavan and Abbas Tyrewala.
The film shooting was done in different places of India, Spain, UAE , Afghanistan , Turkey ,Italy ,France and Russia. The budget made for the film was about of ₹225 crore with an additional ₹15 crore spent on advertising and printing. It was released on 25th January, 2023 and was also dubbed in Tamil and Telugu.
However the film suffered various boycotts but still it managed to win heart of the audience and got positive reviews from the critics. It broke various box office records like the biggest opening day and opening weekend for a Hindi film ,records that were set in overseas markets and is the highest grossing film of 2023 in India.
The movie revolves around the time of 2019 when the Indian Government revoked the Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. Fed up by the decision Pakistan Army General, Qadir who was suffering from cancer and had limited life left , wanted to take revenge. He signs Jim who leads a private terrorist organisation and created a biological weapon.
RAW came to know about the evil plans of general Qadir and appoints Pathaan to destroy the plans of the General.
- Shah Rukh Khan as Pathaan, a RAW agent
- Deepika Padukone as Rubina “Rubai” Mohsin, an ISI agent
- Grace Girdhar as young Rubai
- John Abraham as Jim, Leader of “Outfit X” and former RAW
- Dimple Kapadia as Nandini Grewal, head of the Joint Operations and Covert Research (JOCR) department
- Prakash Belawadi as Dr. Sahani
- Rumi Khan as Jim’s henchman
- Ashutosh Rana as Colonel Sunil Luthra
- Prem Jhangiani as Dr. Farooqui
- Diganta Hazarika as Joseph Mathews, sniper and member of JOCR
- Viraf Patel as Rishi Arya, intelligence analyst and member of JOCR
- Ekta Kaul as Shweta Bajaj, hacker and member of JOCR
- Shaji Choudhary as Raza, member of JOCR
- Aakash Bhatija as Amol, member of JOCR
- Rajat Kaul as Raafe, Jim’s henchman
- Rakesh Khatri as ATC Supervisor
- Manish Wadhwa as General Qadir
- Mansi Taxak as Jim’s wife
- Ashutosh Singh as Rubai’s father
- Amanpreet Hundal as Rubai’s mother
- Mustafa Aksari as Fayyed
- Nikhat Khan as Sabba, Pathaan’s foster mother
- Salman Khan as Avinash Singh “Tiger” Rathore (cameo appearance)
- Keith Sequeira as Pilot
The film gave us two hit songs namely “Besharam Rang” and “Jhoome Jo Pathaan” composed by Vishal-Shekhar and lyrics by Kumaar . “Besharam Rang” became the fastest 100 million viewed Bollywood Track on YouTube
Pathaan broke the various box office records as an opening film. By making ₹106 crore on its opening day it became the first Hindi film worldwide to cross ₹100 crore on its first day. Pathaan became the fifth Indian film to gross ₹1000 crore worldwide and only the second Hindi film to hit these targets.